Please note that the Merridale pharmacy is a private enterprise and as such it is completely independent of the Merridale Medical Centre. All of our patients are welcome to use any pharmacy of their choice.
If you are on regular medication and have been told you can have a repeat prescription without needing an appointment, there are a number of ways in which to re-order. Please bear the following points in mind as this will help us to always provide a prompt repeat prescription service.
- Order your repeat prescription in good time.
- Use the computerised request form you received with your last prescription. Simply put a tick against the items you need. If there has been any changes to your medication (such as by the hospital) please indicate these on the form.
- Please make sure you have a nominated pharmacy for your prescription to be sent to.
There are various ways you can request a repeat prescription:
- Bring in the request and put it in the prescriptions box by the main entrance doors.
- Post it to us at Merridale Medical Centre, 5, Fullhurst Avenue. Leicester LE3 1BL
- E-Mail your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order online – by choosing the repeat prescriptions option when logging in to use our online services. New users are required to obtain a unique user ID and password from reception first (on production of suitable photographic identication)
- NHS APP - you can now download the new NHS App to any mobile device. If you are already registered for on-line access you will need to obtain an new up-to date account ID and passphrase from reception to access this.
Prescriptions are carefully monitored and reviewed by the prescribing GPs who initiate medication reviews when required. It is therefore not usually necessary for patients to request an appointment for a medication review as these are carried out as matter of course.
Please allow two full working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed . Please bear in mind that over weekends and bank holidays prescription requests will take slightly longer to process